The Easter Ritual: From Maundy Thursday to Easter Sunday!

The Easter Ritual: From Maundy Thursday to Easter Sunday! 
Samuel Machado

<image.png>


As a Catholic, I leapt into the "Lenten Last" with a religious fest.
I would grab the Wooden Cross as the Altar head, through the fourteen stations of the Cross.

Later, We would bow down to the lifted "Eucharist" as an adoration of the Holy LORD.
At the Close of the Service, we would return to our homes to prepare for the "Good Friday" culture.

For the following day, would be marked with rigorous fasting, weeping and great mourning among the people.
Scores  and Scores of our Catholic brethren would storm into our streets to see the Crucified Christ. 

Thousands upon Thousands will raise their voices in agony unto the "Crucified Messiah".
There will not be a vacant space to land your feet.  It will be a scene closer to a stampede.

After the "Final Station of the Cross", the Clergy would commence their prayer rituals.
And we the "Altar Boys" would be occupied with the liturgical tasks in addition.

Since I was brought up in a Basilica, the Church Crowd will be on a huge high.
And we need to keep the demands under tremendous pressure.

After the Mid-day Service, We would leave the "Mount Calvary" to Mourn and Weep at our homes.
In the middle of the night, before the dawn of Saturday we would secretly sneak to the tomb of Christ.

In the tomb, we will have the opportunity to "kiss the feet of the Martyred Messiah".
As we kissed the feet of the LORD, the altar kid would wipe out our saliva. 

Amazingly, the cloth he uses to wipe will stand in high demand.
We used to bet on it and buy it later.

After a long night in vigil, we would doze off with a Dead Christ.
The whole of Saturday will be spent in "Gazy looks and Spice-less Food".

Yet, in a few hours we would "Resurrect in Joy" and a "Glorious Awakening"!
By the Middle of the Saturday Night, before the break of dawn, the Song of the Savior would rise high.

A Risen Christ behind the veil will appear and the crowd would go loud and high.
We would wish all around: Happy Easter.

This is what Easter was all about, when I grew in a Catholic Home.
I would return home after my chores as the altar kid was done.

We would have a fun filled treat with the family. Yet, I felt deeply empty.
There was no real power within us.

The rituals didn't prove anything.
The same folks who fasted and abandoned their "Drinking and Smoking" habits during the Lenten, rose a ten-time high on the Resurrection Sunday.

I saw it all. My heart and mind had no clue. I started hating religion.
I almost lost hope in Christianity. I finally did later.

But in His Mercy, He showed up. Yes! Christ Appeared! He Said: I am the Truth! John 14:6
In Other words, He saved me from the "Fake Christians and Christianity Around".

He said: Son, Come and Follow me. Matt 4:19
He said: I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. John 11:25

I saw His Spirit in me. Yes! His resurrection at work in my heart!
He keeps it alive every day! He keeps me burning today!

He makes me rejoice in Him all the days! Phil 4:4
Even in the Suffering and Pain! 1 Thess 5:16-18

Yes! He is a Risen Lord! He is the Coming King! He is the LORD of Easter!
Indeed! He is Living in the tent of my broken body! Psalms 63:2,3, Rev 3:20

Mr.Christian! Have you experienced the Power of Resurrection at the foot of the Cross?
If not, you have not understood what Easter is all about!

Probably you are like how I was! Our LORD saved me from the fake Easter.
He saved me from the frugal Church rituals.

Indeed! He saved me from His Blinded Church!
He saved me to salvage His love and Grace in abundance! Jer 31:3

CHRIST First and CHURCH Next attitude will be the only way to know the truth! But we are living in a generation which does: CHURCH FIRST, CHRIST NEXT!

We need to Come to the Cross and when we find Him at the Cross, We will find us in His Bosom.
When HE starts reigning in us, then the Kingdom of God has truly come!

May our Only LORD and GOD open the eyes of the blinded Christians!
2 Chron 7:14

Shalom,
Samuel Machado
His Slave
Judges 6:24

Comments