Did Depression Despair You?
Did Depression Despair You?
Samuel Machado
I am a New Creation in Christ. I am more than a Conqueror in Christ Jesus our Lord. No evil shall come near me.
I will not be depressed, moved or distressed. I always stay fit.
These are some of the positive profound statements we make until we realize we are hit by a hurricane or a storm.
Only in the storm we will know our real standing in Christ. A test has to prove it.
I wanna tell you that God allows His children to be chastised through trials both to test and make them His own masterpiece.
Fear and depression are the common symptoms or consequences we see in these testing times. Don’t feel bad thinking that you have let God down. No not at all.
If you are feeling depressed or even devastated! Don’t ever think or allow the devil to bully you that you have lost your faith or trust in God.
It is only in the darkest hour the soul’s deep cry is unctioned in profound cries and tears.
God of the Bible has never spared any of His Chosen Servants from going through tests before He used them for His glory.
Even His Only Son and Our Lord Jesus had to undergo the tests of depression and will.
I am writing this article in the midst of a deep depression that’s a part of a season of conflicts in the spiritual realm.
I had felt I am more condemned and guilty more than when I got saved. I was loaded and bullied with guilt and found no rest in the consoling words of men.
Reasoning and Identifying the cause were of no delight. Everything sounded absurd. Until I heard His voice saying;
“I allowed it so that you will be drawn closer to Me, My will and My Heart”.
It was like God saying; Sonny! Welcome to the Party J.
My heart leaped with tear-filled joy; unable to grasp His wisdom and awe. His ways are not my ways.
That answered all my queries. I stopped my Why’s? And What IF’s?.
I leaned onto Him and said Lord; thank you for breaking me and my folks who are with me to mould us into better vessels for your glory.
Yes. It is difficult to go through the tides of life. But to reach the ocean’s bay we need the tide.
I am learning it folks. It’s a rummaging journey.
But only in the anvil of trials I have found that I have had fear over things that I never thought I had.
If you are going through a trial, a fear factor or a depression, I want you to a little time off from hearing what the folks say and go up the mountain into His secret chamber. He will answer those who will call upon His Name diligently. He answered me and He will answer you too. He is a God who speaks at all times.
Most importantly you should always remember we are vulnerable to the attacks no matter who you are and we are called to remain sober and cautious.
Devil doesn’t spare anybody. Devil doesn’t carry a “No Touchables” list.
As Our Lord said we will have trials and tribulations.
But remember you are not alone and He is with you in the fire.
The Scriptures show it clearly time and again.
Job made remarkable statements out of the trials.
Moses squandered in the wilderness.
David died every day to his self in his 14 year vigil running away from Saul.
Jacob became desperate and wrestled with God.
Abraham messed up by accepting Sara’s plea and relented later.
Peter fell face down after his rejection.
Thomas couldn’t contain His volatility of heart when He saw the Lord.
Elijah ran to the cave after bringing fire from Heaven.
Even Our Lord Jesus sweated blood out of deep cries of despair.
All the above went through depression in conjunction to do God’s will. They leaned and submitted to Him totally.
Only in the Wilderness true submission happens.
In this Flesh and Blood we will have pruning to be done in God’s ways. You and I will not be spared but in and through the wilderness we will come out conquering. He will be our Victorious God who delivers us from every wicked scheme. He will keep His promise forever.
We are Only called Blessed when we Overcome. To Overcome we need tests and trials.
Never Give Up Church. For still in Our failures He builds His Faith in us.
Your Pain and struggle will not be wasted. It will be utilized for divine’s glory.
Depression will be depressed after you have learn the art of war. J
Pray and Praise Him at all times. He will never let His people to stumble. God bless.
I Pray for every brother and sister who are going through their own tests and trials that they will overcome it in Jesus Name. Amen
God Bless
